What To Do After Your Truck Accident
Philadelphia truck accident explains what to do, step by step
You have been in a truck accident in Philadelphia caused by a commercial truck driver. What should you do now? This is an important question many people unfortunately face at some point in their lives. That’s why we’re here to help.
At The Hanamirian Firm, PC, we know what you’re going through because we have been handling such serious accidents for decades. Philadelphia truck accident lawyer Michael Hanamirian has more than three decades of experience working with people injured in such complicated crashes.
We know what steps to take and which strategies often work best. That’s why we want to meet with you and learn more about your accident. Contact our Philadelphia law firm discover what we can do for you. Schedule your free case evaluation today.
“What should I do after my Philadelphia truck accident?”
Every truck accident is different. But in most cases, we advise people dealing with a crash caused by a commercial truck driver to take the following steps:
- Call the police – Ask the police to respond to your truck accident and investigate exactly what happened. Having an official accident report can often make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case.
- Seek medical attention – Even if you feel fine after your truck accident, it’s critical that you have a medical professional examine you right away. You could have a life-threatening internal injury and not even know it.
- Talk to truck driver – Make sure you get the truck driver’s full name, address, driver’s license number and insurance information. Also, get the name, address and phone number for the trucking company the driver works for, if applicable.
- Take pictures – If possible, take photographs of your truck accident. Make sure to take photos of damage to vehicles, debris in the road, traffic signals and anything else that could have contributed to your crash.
- Talk to witnesses – If someone saw your accident, their eyewitness testimony could turn out to be a powerful piece of evidence in support of your truck accident claim. Make sure to get every witnesses’ full name, address and best phone number to contact them.
- Call your insurance company – Tell your insurance company you have been injured in an accident caused by a truck driver. However, keep your comments to a minimum. What you say could later be used to deny your claim, depending on the circumstances of your truck accident.
- Don’t talk to other insurance companies – If the insurance company for the truck driver or trucking company contacts you, you do not have to – and should not – answer their questions. Anything you say to insurance companies could be used to deny your truck accident claim.
- Don’t talk to trucking company – The trucking company the driver works for might contact you after your crash. Their questions might seem simple or straightforward. Don’t fall for their trap. Like insurance companies, anything you say to the trucking company that employs the driver could be used to deny your truck accident claim.
- Contact our law firm – Don’t try to take on trucking companies or insurance companies on your own. Get the help you need from us. Attorney Michael Hanamirian has decades of experience and can help you every step of the way.
You have rights. We can fight for them. Contact us and schedule a free appointment with a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer who will fight for you.