What To Do After Your Car Accident
Our Philadelphia car accident lawyer explains, step by step
Not sure what to do after your car accident in Philadelphia? Confused about where to start? Make sure you know your rights and understand how the legal system works. Make sure you talk to Philadelphia car accident lawyer Michael Hanamirian.
For more than three decades, The Hanamirian Firm, PC has been fighting for the rights of people injured in car accidents caused by other drivers. We know what strategies and approaches work. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success.
Take action after your accident. Follow our suggestions below. And make sure you contact us and schedule your free case evaluation. We’re here for you every step of the way after your accident. That’s our promise.
“What should I do after my Philadelphia car accident?”
Every car accident is different. But in general, it’s always a good idea to take the following steps after a car accident caused by another driver:
- Call the police – Ask the police to respond to your accident. Having an official police report for your crash can often made a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case.
- Seek medical attention – As soon as possible, have an emergency medical technician, doctor or another medical professional examine you. You could have a life-threatening internal injury and not even realize it.
- Gather personal data – Get the other driver’s full name, address, driver’s license number, phone number and insurance information.
- Keep comments brief – Don’t say anything about your accident that could be later used against you. Even something as simple as saying “I’m sorry” could be twisted around by the other driver’s insurance company to deny your claim.
- Take photographs – If possible, take pictures of your car accident. Photos should include any vehicle damage, skid marks on road, traffic signs, nearby street lights, etc.
- Talk to witnesses – If someone saw your crash, witness testimony can be a powerful piece of evidence. Make sure you get their full name, address and best phone number to contact them.
- Call your insurance company – Call them and tell them you have been in an accident caused by another driver. But keep your comments brief. Even though your insurance company represents you, it’s always smart to be cautious at first when dealing with insurance companies.
- Don’t talk to other insurance companies – If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you after your crash, do not answer their questions. You are not legally required to do so. And anything you say can be used against you to deny your claim.
- Contact our law firm – The sooner you talk to a lawyer, the better. Car accidents can be extremely complicated. We can help you every step of the way.
You have rights. We can fight for them. Contact our law firm right now. We can help.